Tuesday, March 01, 2005

It's out of control!!!

Ah! I don't know what to do! These students are driving me crazy with their questions and requests for extensions. Look at this student's email. I can't even believe it:

Hi Jessica

I have a couple of questions to ask you. The first question involves when the essay is due. Professor Shaffir has mentioned in class that extensions could be made for this essay and I was wondering if you would be open to this idea. The reasoning for an extension is that for the weeks leading up to reading week, i had to study for midterms. Also, during reading week I had to complete an essay for my Political Science 1G06 class which was due the Monday following reading week. Consequently, I am in the preliminary stages of writing my essay. If you are open to this idea, I was thinking of an extension to Monday and I could submit the paper at a place and time of your convenience (I would be grateful for any extension you decide upon). If you believe that an extension is unfair to the other students than I am fine with that decision as well.

In this message could you tell me if there is a specified font size, font type and margin size for this paper? In addition, could you provide me with the daily penalty for submitting a late paper.
Thank you

Will

Jesus! If he had come to class EVER he would know what type of font to use, and I would have much more compassion for him. I can't believe how nervy people are. So you had midterms, we all did. So you had a paper - get used to it asshole, this is university.

This has upset me (in case you couldn't tell) because I have been generous with a few really bad excuses and now I feel like I have to be generous with everybody, but my patience and generosity is wearing thin. What to do, what to do.

3 Comments:

At March 01, 2005 10:14 p.m. , Blogger larrykim said...

man, i would give him an extension. but i would say... i think favor from my side deserves a favor on your side.. wink wink. hahaha

i am sure he would turn it in on time...

i am not sure if that would work for you though... oh well..

 
At March 01, 2005 10:28 p.m. , Blogger Blake said...

Teach those freshmen a lesson. If they don't learn to manage their schedules now, when will they learn? WHEN WILL THEN LEARN!?! Do them a favour and double their late penalties. Especially that last guy... his grammar was terrible; "i had to study"? He can't even get that right! Show him who’s boss.

I'm sure that these students all received a syllabus at the beginning of the semester that told them when their papers were due. They probably just wasted their time away drinking too much and having unprotected sex instead of being responsible students.

You are Jessica the destroyer. Show no mercy.

 
At March 02, 2005 9:37 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

I can't remember if I've seen Clerks or not. Video store guys, right? Right.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home