Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Not another young girl concerned with her weight...

I woke up today and decided to finally do what I was hesitant to do for the past couple of months. Weigh myself. I have been feeling displeased with my body for these few months but have not done anything about it. And the scale confirmed my reasons for hesitation. I am just about ten pounds heavier than I was in July, AND the heaviest I've ever been! Yikes!

This isn't so terrible because I was exercising 3-4 times a week last semester and I was very happy with the results. I could say I was satisfied, in fact. And then in December I just stopped so it's not surprising that it happened. I don't want to be one of those people who are constantly dieting throughout their lives; losing weight, then gaining it all back.

So this is what I'm going to do: I am going to get back into regular physical activity. I am also going to cut down portion sizes a little bit because I definitely eat too much too often. The third part of this regimen will be to drink more water.

I'm not going to cut out all carbs or do anything drastic like that. The most important part is exercising.

The last thing I'm going to do is not write about it on my blog anymore because most people probably hear enough of this kind of shit from their mothers.

Before I shut this topic down, though, I'll mention my goal. Lose those ten new pounds by the end of school, which is the middle of April. I think it will be a piece of cake... mmm cake... ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home