Saturday, February 19, 2005

Hooray for new shoes!

It's holiday time! Alright, three cheers for reading week. The only schoolwork I actually have to do is a statistics take-home exam and if I follow my two question a day schedule I can be done on Monday leaving the rest of the time to do what I please, which is to read.

My mother casually encouraged me to take a last minute all-inclusive holiday. That would mean I would have to leave tomorrow or the next day to be back in time for classes. Alas, I do not have the funding, and I can deal with winter a little bit longer.

Instead I took advantage of her generous mood today. Got a haircut and redeemed my 'make-up' lesson coupon at a Spa. I kind of look like a hooker but I like that look. Of course I captured before and after pictures so perhaps I'll post them when I have the necessary cables (which I conveniently left in Hamilton). We bought lots of make-up too, 'cause who can get a make-up lesson without taking home some supplies??

Oh, stopped by Chapters to redeem my coupons and got the books I planned to get, plus a "Teach yourself Korean double CD and book". Whoooo, should be a piece of cake, right? I hear Korean is a hard language to learn, but I'm prepared to give it a shot.

And finally, I got new shoes. Hip hip hooray for New Balance.

The end.

3 Comments:

At February 19, 2005 6:05 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Do you like to play gymnastics?

Ha ha.

That's funny. I was looking for that phrasebook but I couldn't find it. I'll probably try to pick that up before I leave too, just in case.

 
At February 19, 2005 10:16 p.m. , Blogger larrykim said...

oh that's good that you are learning korean. that way i can just call you on the phone and we can converse in korean... goodie

 
At February 20, 2005 9:55 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Goodie goodie gumdrops.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home