Thursday, February 17, 2005

Out on a limb

I was critical of some friends of mine for hesitating to come to my party because they didn't know anyone. I criticize people for being adverse to risk taking and to meeting new people. I am so quick to criticize. But it's true that so many people get stuck in their little comfortable bubble and refuse to spread their wings beyond that. I once dated a guy who didn't like to try new foods. Never again.

And now I've been invited to a party of a girl who is very nice but who I hardly know. It's a cocktail party at her apartment tonight so I'm going over there after band. Maybe I'll bring my left over cheese to break the ice. Or some wine.

All I really want to do is refresh my blog all night long to see how many new hits there have been. I'm kind of kidding about that. All I really want to do is finish reading this book D'Arcy lent me called "The African Safari Papers" that I'm really liking. Everyone's going crazy. That's cool. And then go to Indigo to get a few more that I have in mind. Particularly "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" which I've heard a lot about and "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time", and maybe Zach Braff's brother's book "The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green". All these titles are very similar, aren't they?

Let's compile a favourite books group list, shall we? Comment away!

4 Comments:

At February 17, 2005 7:11 p.m. , Blogger larrykim said...

lets see my favorite book of all time is ... david copperfield. i have always wished i was an orphan.

hey, you need to read "the strange incident..." there is a probability question in there that took me several days to finally convince myself that he is correct...

 
At February 18, 2005 1:44 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

I always wished I was a twin but there's only so much you can wish for...

 
At February 20, 2005 3:28 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard of a new good book for ya Jessimobob.
It's called: "He died with a falafal in his hands". Apparently it's hysterical.
I'm gonna write a book soon called: "What ever happened to a good old fashioned one-night-stand?". So, put that one on your list. It's gonna be damned good when it gets written. I still have more research to do...

 
At February 20, 2005 5:13 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Jessimobob, now THAT's a new one!

I would think the falafel book should be about shawarma instead. I had such terrible shawarma in Tiberias that I've been unable to enjoy it since... Sad sad sad.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home