Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Aquarians have no tact

One time in grade eight I was somehow involved in a conversation about sex with some seventh graders. One girl had absolutely no idea about anything. I can't remember the details of her lack of knowledge, but I do recall that I said in front of everyone "doesn't your mother tell you anything?!?" I found out later that her mother had passed away.

A few years later in grade 9 or 10 I was sitting with a large group of people during lunch period. For some reason I brought up the topic of a girl in our grade who had been claiming that her parents were getting a divorce. I told everyone that I thought she was a liar. Everyone fell silent and I realized she was sitting just two people down from me.

I never fail to say the wrong thing at the wrong time. People make fun of me for pointing. I ain't got no tact, man.

5 Comments:

At February 15, 2005 7:44 p.m. , Blogger Litany said...

Wow, that's rough! What are the odds she'd be right there?

 
At February 15, 2005 9:53 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

I'd say the odds are about 1 in 20, then again I never understood odds much anyway. It didn't help today in statistics when we were discussing odds. Luckily I don't care for professional sports.

Wend, Zara is a cool middle name. I hope you get over it soon.

 
At February 15, 2005 9:58 p.m. , Blogger larrykim said...

i always know exactly the right things to say... and i also have a very very bad memory...

 
At February 15, 2005 11:04 p.m. , Blogger greyguitar said...

well, I'm siding with you because we're Aquarians and I have felt the same way before. I tend to continue to ask vegetarians if they want to eat hamburgers.

and I like the name Zara.

 
At February 15, 2005 11:22 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

mmm... hamburgers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home