Friday, February 18, 2005

A successful time

Went to that party and I'm glad. Brought chips (still have large stash in apartment from Rick's competition) and wine but I didn't drink it in the end. This is turning into a big 'pass the bottle' of people bringing wine and not drinking it. Are we getting old?

I really like the girl who hosted the party and most of her friends were very cool too, except for one obnoxiously pompous asshole who smugly said that he never went to class in highschool and maintained an honour roll status. Who cares about that? Not me. He had gold rings, too tight pants, a goatee, and an un-smiling face. That really gets me. You've gotta smile. Another annoying girl talked non-stop about uninteresting things like her family. They cook chicken breasts for their dog instead of feeding it dog food. She loves South Park, plays half a dozen instruments, and had at least a 90% average in highschool. Who cares about highschool? Her parents don't let her and her boyfriend in her bedroom.

The rest of the guests were friendly, warm, and interesting. Funny, since everyone there is from the faculty of Arts and Science. The annoying guy is in Naval History or some equally absurd program, and the other girl is in music. Coincidence? I think not.

There was another guy there who I met two years ago on a bus ride from Hamilton to Toronto. We had a really good talk on that bus ride and never saw each other again until tonight, but we didn't talk much tonight.

Anyway, overall a good time.

2 Comments:

At February 18, 2005 1:09 p.m. , Blogger larrykim said...

what idiots? talking about high school like it's something. i played high school football. now, that is something. but who cares about high school honor roll...

people used to have this stupid bumper sticker that said... my kid is in such high school honor roll. and then there came... my kid beats up your kid in honor roll... and then my mom had... my kid gets beat up by kids in honor roll... anyway, my point is that it never ends...

okay, i don't have a point... i just wanted to leave a comment.. cuz you know me... i just can't leave without saying something

 
At February 19, 2005 6:00 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

I tried to comment on your blog but my computer was taking forever! I wonder if it was my computer or something wrong with your blog. Bloggy blog.

You say honor, I say honour.

Ha ha. Americans, what are we gonna do with you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home