Monday, February 28, 2005

Lazy first years

The prof that I TA for thought it would be a good idea to announce in class this morning that any student who needs an extension on their papers should approach their TA's. So far I have received three requests for extensions.

One student said her reason was not appropriate for email correspondance and should I wish to know we could meet in person or speak on the telephone.

One student said that during reading week, due to a "stupid misunderstanding" he did not have access to his resources while at home.

The last student claimed that he just didn't have enough time to do it because he has three other midterms this week. But he planned to write it, he really did.

Hmm.

Lucky for them I don't care so they all got extensions from Friday the 4th until Wednesday the 9th. Am I incredibly generous? No, I'm just too lazy to come into school on Monday or Tuesday to get their papers and I have office hours on Wednesday.

What's with students these days? When I was a youngster (heh) I would never ask for an extension. I would stay up all night the day before the paper was due like everyone else. Maybe these kids are the smart ones because, with me anyway, you get what you ask for.

By the way, I didn't bother to find out the first student's secret reason. I wonder what it could be.

2 Comments:

At February 28, 2005 11:04 p.m. , Blogger larrykim said...

i bet i know her reason.... female problem... whatever that means.

hey, i think i may be compulsive obsessive. if it wasn't for the internet blogging, who knows, i could be a crack ho... scary... i think we should all thank blog world for giving me an outlet...

i am going to bed, no more blog reading for the night. i am cutting it off. i swear.

 
At March 01, 2005 12:43 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Another student has requested an extension and her reason is that she 'wants to do her best on it'. I don't know if I should give it to her.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home