Friday, January 28, 2005

I'm a killer teaching assistant

I'm destined to be a great teacher. Today I had my students smiling and laughing, and hardly yawning at all. The best part of it is that I actually had a sizeable turnout with ten seats filled. You see, it's a real problem when, for a first year intro sociology class, the tutorials are made non-mandatory and are held on Friday afternoons. Who would bother to come? Last semester I brought in a depresssingly small attendence of maybe 3-5 students per class. This semester I have turned over a new leaf. I even got a transfer student from another tutorial, likely because the word is out on the street of my greatness. Ha. Maybe it's because I try to learn their names.

The class was about gender inequality today, which I think is an important issue to cover properly. Everyone runs in the opposite direction of anything "feminist" but there are serious inequalities that we face in society that have to be portrayed in a way that is not radical and off-putting.

Hopefully I managed that.

Art class ended early because my prof looked like she was going to vomit all over the floor. We have a test on Tuesday for which I have to memorize about 30 artists, work titles, and specific dates. Century or decade will not be accepted. I'm screwed. And I already have plans for the weekend.

Now I have one more tutorial to run (let's hope for double digits!) and then a meeting with my stats classmates (all four of them) to discuss the near-impossible homework for the week.

Another week's done gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home