Monday, January 24, 2005

Good-bye, old friend


Today we said good-bye to our good friend Vernon (Vroom Vroom Vernon to some). As I drove from our house to the dealership, memories flashed through my mind: the time I sideswiped a parked car when I only had my learner's permit, how I used to get boyfriends to drive me around in my own car, when Rick thought he could plough through the bump of snow at the end of the driveway. Sigh. And the more recent times spent together, learning to be a confident and skilled highway and city streets driver, not to mention gracing the 401 and 403 more often than I'd care to count. As I made the final drive, with a funny sound coming from somewhere when I was idyling, a fast-leaking gas line, and an open trunk that was banging up and down, I had nothing but fond memories. But it was time to say good-bye. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home