Thursday, January 27, 2005

I am a referree

I have been asked to write a reference letter for a professor! What a change - usually it is me asking for letters from professors and I always feel guilty and embarassed about it. The tables have turned... Dr. Cuneo is up for a Lifetime Achievement Award and he submitted my name as one of the students he has worked with.

I had included the letter but it was long and boring and useless, so I took it out. One exceptionally lucky visitor got to appreciate it - check out his glowing review. If you feel like you missed out, drop me an email and I'll send it along without delay!

4 Comments:

At January 27, 2005 5:42 p.m. , Blogger larrykim said...

yea... i have to say, that was not very interesting for me to read, but you never asked, right?

i guess it's cool that you are being real instead of trying to entertain others, and that makes it interesting.

as i was reading your blog, i got to thinking. would you write me a letter of recommendation? there is this waitress at ruby tuesdays that i like, and i think your letter of recommendation may help out quite a bit. would you please consider that? because with a good letter, she may say... maybe... instead of no.

sincerely,

lar

 
At January 27, 2005 5:46 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Yeah, sure, anytime pal! Just say the words. :) And welcome! Come again!

 
At January 27, 2005 11:04 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Hi Margie,
Thanks for leaving a comment! I think I can handle one year, but seven? Yikes! Who knows what the future will bring... though my fortune cookie from the other day read "your present plans are going to succeed". I think it's time I become a believer. :)

Jessica

 
At January 28, 2005 5:25 p.m. , Blogger larrykim said...

hey, i can tell you a thing or a two about korea. you know... i am of korean persuasion. what i mean by that is not that someone persuaded me to become a korean, but persuasion as in part of something. the fourth definition in the dictionary under persuasion. anyway, what i am trying to say is, before i got distracted with definitions is that i am a korean. of course, i am what some people would call a "twinkie". yellow on the outside, white on the inside...

anyway, when can i expect my reference letter?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home