Wednesday, November 15, 2006

That black poison strikes again

About a month ago I started drinking coffee before statistics class and it has been working like a charm. Though I don't always pay attention, I am always wide awake - until 3:30 in the morning. Damn!

About an hour ago I figured I might as well put myself to sleep by reading an article about economic development and its influence on migration patterns. It was the only time I've been interested in reading for school since September! I remembered it all and didn't even flip to the back to count the remaining pages! Okay, I did do that, but only once.

Does anyone else fine themselves doing that? Reading an article just to get it done but not actually paying much attention to its content? Of course you do. My friend told me that some people actually like the articles they read - this is the mark of true academics. Them crazies!

Hmmm... what else is new? Ahh yes. The other day in theory class a number of students were asked to read aloud in class. This brought me right back to good ol' grade three when we had to read from readers and I couldn't stand to hear kids struggling. Despite having a seemingly relaxed and friendly group of people in my class, you could feel the judging in the air. You stumble over the word antinomy, you die!!!

Remember those fifty assignments I picked up last week? The professor (previously judged hip and cool) promised to send out the grading sheet by Friday. When he didn't I sent a quick email reminder because I hoped to get them mostly done over the weekend. He never responded to my or the other TA's emails. Now a week has gone by and the grading is due a week from now. Blast!

Okay, now I will attempt to sleep. Oh, and for those looking for some fun, try this: http://cognitivelabs.com/word_shoot.htm courtesy of Robin.

1 Comments:

At November 15, 2006 9:44 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm to coffee.

And hahaha to that typing thing. It's evil.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home