Thursday, October 26, 2006

Jessica's random blogging supreme

My department is on the Southeast corner of Bloor and Spadina, a trendy student area full of restaurants and cafes and things. Everytime I walk along Bloor I notice new places I've never noticed before and I fail to find the place I'm looking for and I'm sure I've seen. Where ever did that pants-hemming place go?!?

There are also lots of Koreans in the neighbourhood (Korea town in five minutes away) and I can always easily spot them, either because of the telling fashion or the ahuhahuh characteristic girlfriend whine. Sometimes the sexy lip pout gives them away.

Speaking of which, the other day I took a friend's advice and checked out a sushi place called Rolu right near school. I ordered what they called the maki set which came with gyoza and some other things. What did I get? Kimbap and mandu. I don't like kimbap and I only like mandu fresh from the little shop next to the eyeglass store and across from the gym on main street, Suji. Deep fried likely frozen mandu be damned. Blasted! Then I noticed the soju poster on the wall, the Korean writing painted indescriptely on the window, the Korean owner and Korean patrons... Man, I will never escape. Not that I want to escape. Okay, I just want to never eat kimbap again. That yellow radish and spam just doesn't cut it.

So you're curious about the love affairs, eh? Too bad my family may still be reading this 'cause there's so much more to tell. Hi family!

1 Comments:

At October 27, 2006 5:43 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Hehe. Hi brother!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home