Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Blast from the past

Okay, screw it, I'm blogging.

So the other week I got this email from my old co-worker, who I thought I got along fine with:

Jessica,

Just out of sheer and total curiosity... why did it matter so much to you (before you left Korea) that I didn't get that paper lamp and the "nice guitar"? You gave them to Jen (who, for the record, didn't want them and eventually gave them away) just because you didn't want me to have them!? Interesting. Let the record state that I didn't want either of them at all and they have recently been distributed to newer teachers BUT it has recently come to my attention that you were adament that I did NOT get them. I am really curious about this and I suppose the only way to get to the bottom of it is to go to the source (you).

I guess it just seems like wasted energy unless you really, truly cared.

Out of nowhere, just like that. Slam.

This is a ludicrous thing, really. And I was affected by it despite is ludicrousness. Speaking of wasted energy.

Geez louise is what I say.

Speaking of what I say, when I was in Korea I had a love affair that I never told you about. I met him my first night out and he asked me out a couple of weeks later and then nothing but friendship for about six months. Starting in January there was a two months love affair, and then nothing. We stopped calling. He couldn't hack the yellow dust and I was a little fed up.

We hung out at the Madison on Friday night and he said, "Jess, you were right. You snooze, you lose." (Insert deep eye stare here).

Uh huh. Men think they want you until you want them back and then nothin'.

2 Comments:

At October 26, 2006 6:50 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Curious. I was just thinking about your blog and wondering if there had been any affairs...

You know, you are right about men. Until we reach a certain age -- and then we change. It would be good if we all had these stickers on our forehead so that we would know who to want!

 
At October 26, 2006 11:31 a.m. , Blogger Kiran said...

not always true ladies...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home