Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Hanging in there

Life is good!

I feel like I have nothing to do! Then again I'm picking up fifty assignments for grading in ten minutes. At least the next ten minutes are ten minutes of my own.

In an attempt to expand my horizons I joined the gym across the street from my department. It's the Miles Nadar Jewish Community Center. I can work out and pick up men to make my momma happy all at the same time.

Yesterday I went for my complimentary fitness assessment and gym orientation with Jesus, a fitness guy who works at the JCC. He measured my BMI and blood pressure and body fat and all those fancy things and I'm pleased to announce that I'm normal on all counts. He asked me my goals, which are to be fit, to have something to do besides schoolwork, and maintain a healthy weight. I'm considering changing my goals, though, and losing 30 pounds to pursue modelling in Paris after I finish grad school. Seems like a good idea to me. Maybe I can get a rich Jewish philanthropist to support my dreams.

Jesus asked me my nationality. "Are you Italian?" You'd think that at the JCC people would have an easier time with that. Maybe I'll date Jesus, but that would defeat the purpose of the making momma proud... Hmm.

In other news, Jordana and I have officially booked our flight to San Francisco. We will take a bus between it and LA and fly home from there over the Christmas holidays. Anybody have San Fran/LA travel recommendations?

Time to pick up those papers. Those ten minutes were bliss... pure bliss.

2 Comments:

At November 09, 2006 5:11 a.m. , Blogger Tony Lawless said...

Jessica:

Here's an interesting experiment: See if you can sort the 50 assignments into two piles.

In the first, place all those where the author wrote a paper which was “not the kind of terrible when you are just self-deprecating and it's actually pretty good”, but actually “terrible” with “ideas [that are] bad and unsupported”.

In the other, place those papers that the various authors believe to be "well organized and well written”.

 
At November 09, 2006 9:54 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Good idea! I think I'll do it randomly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home