Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The paper writing blues

It's 11:30 and I'm at school writing a bad paper. I'm not very close to finishing and I'm ready to crawl into bed and sleep until noon. Maybe I will sleep until noon... But first I must finish this bad paper because it's due before the morning comes. I'm not one for all nighters. In fact, I'm not really that far off from finishing, but far enough off that the end doesn't feel near and I hate it, hate it, hate it.

So I can blog and check my email and file my nails and feel sorry for myself for at least a few more ten minute chunks, and then it'll seriously be time to get down to business. Uh huh.

There was an award ceremony in the department today so now in the grad student fridge are many, many little cake-like things and a fruit plate. I snuck a peek at the faculty fridge too. Not only did they get cakes but they also got the left over soft drinks and cheese and vegetables slices. I'm not hungry at all.

Anything else I can think of to say right now? Nope. Except my paper is really bad, which is too bad, because I like to write good papers and not bad ones.

I must finish! I will finish in the hour! And then I will go home and sleep! Until noon... or maybe 8:00.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home