Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Old Boy

I just got home from the DVD bang where I saw the explicit and disturbing "Old Boy". Is it in Blockbuster's foreign section back at home? Check it out if you're interested in Korean flicks. Though I thought it was both overly gruesome and rather predictable, especially due to the tidbit of info I had about it before I saw it. So I'll spare you.

Today we pinned the nose on the clown. And I taught the children the words yell and yelling and no yelling. I hope that lesson has the desired effects.

I think I have a genius in my class. Peter. I read "There was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Fly" twice. Then a few days later we coloured a picture of a whale that had many different sea animals in its big whale body. Peter said "Teacher! Whale swallowed seal, swallowed lobster, swallowed seahorse..." I was dumbfounded. He can hear a word or phrase one time and he remembers it just like that. What a guy. Plus he's sweet as can be.

I'm supposed to leave for Jeju on Saturday morning but I've heard nothing from the guy who is organizing the trip for over a week. I know none of the details and I'm starting to feel irritated. He hasn't responded to my email from yesterday yet, either. If I don't go to Jeju on Saturday I'll be very disappointed.

2 Comments:

At September 27, 2005 12:52 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favourite Korean DVD that I found here in the US is "My Sassy Girlfriend" I recommend it -- it's mostly romantic comedy and has a nice small twist at the end. Didn't like Old Boy either, although it is probably more well-known internationally.

 
At September 28, 2005 5:47 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Ahh, romantic comedy.. much better. I'll look for it next time I'm at the DVD bang. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home