Monday, September 26, 2005

My first movie theatre experience

I went to the movies for the first time yesterday and they're a bit different than at home. You have to buy your tickets in advance (take a number and wait your turn) and choose the seats you want on the seating chart. Can you believe it? Assigned seats at the theatre!

We arrived at about one and there were only fifteen seats left for the 3:50 show. We opted for the 6:10 show instead.

The inside of the theatre is the same as at home. The price of tickets is only six dollars and the popcorn is cheaper but smaller sizes. We stocked up on candy beforehand because it was the only logical thing to do when seeing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I had Skittles and a Toblerone bar but didn't crack into the chocolate until just now. Did you know that Toblerone with a spoonful of chunky peanut butter on top is heavenly?

Five days until I'll be wearing a bathing suit on the sandy beaches of Jeju. Screw it.

Jenny my Korean coworker turned down a piece of gum because she's dieting and doesn't want her jaw to expand. Have I been chewing too much gum? I wonder if she swallows all her food whole.

2 Comments:

At September 27, 2005 1:17 p.m. , Blogger Kiran said...

wtf?

 
At September 28, 2005 5:50 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

What? The gum thing? You mean that surprises you? With double eye lid surgery and all the other stuff that goes on here, a no gum diet makes perfect sense to me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home