Sunday, July 17, 2005

What's wrong with a little butt exposure?

They have the funniest t-shirts at Lottemart ever. I wish I had my camera or a really great memory because they were just hilarious. Something like "Supercat likes happy hamework". I don't know, but it drove us into fits of laughter. And our fits of laughter drove a crowd of Korean shoppers to sift through the piles of t-shirts finding their next purchase. Hahaha. I couldn't resist buying "Babe in the Wood". I'm size 100 here. Yikes. Glad that I'm a size at all here though.

In line to check out a man fondled our bananas. He and his wife were interested in something about them so he touched them and examined them and made us chuckle. I've heard of this snoopy and odd behaviour and here it was.

We went to the foodcourt to buy lunch and a while examining the menu and man said hello. He was an older gentleman with a big, straight-toothed smile and pink shaded glasses. He chatted with us and helped us order our food. Turns out he taught himself English through books, magazines, and television. He was glad to chat with us. Before leaving his wife made the motion of writing on her hand. We thought they would ask for our number or something. Instead he said "My wife thinks you have made a very good impression. We have no daughters. She likes you very much." I thought they would ask us over or take our numbers but that's as far as it went. We went off on our merry way.

Didn't do too much today except hang out, watch tv, and take it easy.

We went for dinner to the big place right next to my house that I was too afraid to go to on my own. It was pretty awkward with just the two of us, actually. They couldn't speak any English, we can't speak any Korean, and we had no idea what they had on the menu since there was no actual menu. We somehow ended up with big huge mandu and a fish soup which included tiny shrimp still in its shell, muscles, other fish, and tasty thick noodles. Not so exciting, all in all. The most exciting part, actually, was when the ajumma in the restaurant came up and leaned a pillow on my back to cover me up. And I wasn't even wearing low rise jeans. The nerve! ;)

3 Comments:

At July 17, 2005 9:34 a.m. , Blogger Shells Bells said...

mandu..mmmm...I haven't had that yet!!!! I'll have to come to Suji and have some with you :)

 
At July 17, 2005 1:59 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jess, Who came over with a pillow? What does that word mean? Rick had Mandu here recently. I am not sure if he liked it. Was it D'Arcy and you who ventured out today? You keep saying we so I can only assume it is D'Arcy. Say hi to D'Arcy for me. Mom

 
At July 17, 2005 5:49 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Shelly, you certainly will!

Mum: One of the women working at the restaurant did. And yes, it was with D'Arcy that I went out. I'll be sure to say hi to her for ya!

I'm so tired this morning.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home