Friday, March 04, 2005

Three cheers for the weekend

T'was a dull morning, I say. Students handed in their papers and tutorials ended quickly. Then I had my usual Friday afternoon dose of feeling like an inadequate moron at my stats class meeting. We meet weekly to discuss the homework and I wonder weekly why I put myself into this position optionally; the most feared PhD requirement and I saunter in thinking it will be a snap. No siree, it ain't no snap. Then again, my undergrad courses aren't so easy either. That psych test I did the other week resulted in a lowly 68%. I guess studying the scientific stuff would have proved useful. And this weekend I have to memorize 50, that's FIFTY different works of art according to title, artist and exact date, plus pertinent information for each for my art history exam on Tuesday.

Speaking of school, I went to band practice last night and noted the overwhelming population of ultimate supreme-o geeks. I admit that I played in band all through highschool and though there were always some geeks it was never the vast majority of the group. Here and now I can't believe my eyes. Harris, my first year trumpet buddy, proclaimed our section the least geeky of them all, though I have to say that Raj, one of the first trumpets, should definitely ditch the top hat with feather and the mustache.

This weekend I have a few plans. Tonight is the final boardroom of McMaster's version of the Apprentice, in which my brother is a contestant. His team, Orbit$ Corp, has already won three of the four challenges so I guess they're just going for a sweep tonight, even though they are the winners. I am his inspiration for this week's challenge - he used blogs as some marketing ploy for a meat company's website.

And tomorrow night I'm hittin' the town. H-town. Whoo.

4 Comments:

At March 04, 2005 6:10 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you hitting up in H-town?

 
At March 04, 2005 6:25 p.m. , Blogger larrykim said...

don't forget to take some pictures in canadien like places...

 
At March 05, 2005 12:39 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

I don't yet know where I'm hitting up and why would I tell an anonymous possibly psychopath commenter? :)

Done and done. Well, except for the CanadiAn places part.

 
At March 06, 2005 6:17 p.m. , Blogger Blake said...

I took two art history classes in uni. I liked the material, having to memorize so much stuff was hell. I finished one class and then was dumb enough to take another art history class the next year.

I have no idea what I was thinking.


PS. Always meet up with anonymous internet people that you know nothing about when you're drunk at night. It's totally a great idea.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home