Thursday, March 03, 2005

I will stand here and burn in my skin

I really don't want to write disparaging things about my ex-boyfriend, but he gives me such great material that I can't pass it up.

It's been one year and one month since we broke up, seven and a half months since we reunited and spent a week pretending, five months since he kissed me and since we saw each other, three months since I hated his guts, two days since I googled him, and so it goes.

I posted his birthday telephone message in mid February and all was quiet until the other day.

His email:

Hi Jessica:

Just writing to say hello. Hope all is well. Things here are rather great.

In any case, regards,

Michael.

Hmm, rather great you say? Wonder what that could mean. What's her name, jerk.

My response:

Hello hello,

Things are pretty good, but nothing much is new to report. I just had reading week and took it really easy, reading and swimming and that's about it. I'm just waiting out the end of this semester and it feels like it's taking forever.

Glad things are rather great with you. Rather great sounds better than your usual great. Something special?

Jess

Why I even bothered responding is beyond me, but I did anyway. He responded with something that I will have to re-enact to the best of my ability for it is now deleted:

Dear Jessica,

Lots of things are great but none of which I care to discuss over email. One of which you might not care to hear at all.

So let's talk on the phone, or not.

Regards,

Michael.

And so, it was deleted and the 'not' option was selected. He is so dramatic and childlike, I can't even believe it. Good luck to the new girl, that's all I can say.

8 Comments:

At March 03, 2005 4:15 p.m. , Blogger Blake said...

I don't even talk to any of my ex-gfs anymore (well, the ones that were serious gfs). I really couldn't be bothered to put up with all of the bs that goes on.

You should see some of the 'wonderful' e-mails that I've gotten shortly after breakups... They're always so loving; filled with excellent grammar and thoughtful words.

 
At March 03, 2005 5:07 p.m. , Blogger p.p. said...

Um, in your response email, you opened the door by asking, "Something special?" And, thus, his reply.

But since I don't know him, and I am now linked on your blog: he sounds like an ass. ;)

 
At March 03, 2005 5:51 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Right answer, ass he is. :)

I suppose you have a point, however, his emailing me in the very first place was the primary ass behaviour. I knew what he was implying right from the beginning. Granted I shouldn't have bothered opening that door even further but I like to think of my response as thickly layered sarcasm; something I'm quite accomplished at.

Blake, you don't talk to them, or they don't talk to you?

 
At March 03, 2005 9:55 p.m. , Blogger Blake said...

I don't talk to them. I've lived in Edmonton for the past five years (for uni.) and now I don't. Moving away seems to have that effect. ;)

After a couple of nasty e-mails, the "send to junk folder" option becomes useful as well.

 
At March 04, 2005 4:18 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Luckily with this particular guy, he has since been driven out of the country... aka went away to grad school in America.

Yah, Darce, you never gave him a chance right off the bat when he expressed a distaste for store-bough frozen pizza. I guess that should have been a clue to me too. ;)

 
At March 04, 2005 5:01 p.m. , Blogger Unknown said...

Now, when you meet the real love of your life , he'll think your're all used up and he'll never get the best.

Why not go home and cry about that?

 
At September 11, 2005 10:12 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're giving him too hard a time. If you're still so emotionally reactive to something like an off-the-cuff sentiment in an e-mail, perhaps you should look inward instead of looking to attribute your emotional state to another. D'arcy, who I assume is your friend, does not seem to be offering helpful advice. Perhaps you should speak to someone with more objectivity.

 
At September 11, 2005 10:54 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Hello Anonymous. Thanks for the great advice. Feel free to stop by anytime. Hope where you are is treating you well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home