Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The pickup

I'm sitting in my office as the students pick up their papers that are on a table in the hallway. Why was I the one feeling hesitant about this? They're the ones who should be nervous. I hope nobody comes and questions my marking, but I think I was quite fair. Yay! Those two weeks were tedious!

A guy walked by after picking up his paper, laughing because he thought he would fail. I'm pretty sure he got a 60%. He read my comment aloud to his friend, "where is the sociology in this paper?" Ha ha ha, he said.

Ellen and I are planning a good-bye Sociology grads party for the last day of school to take place in the better of the two campus bars. For four years the girls of sociology (and three guys...) have never been friendly or social with each other at all. There is no solidarity in our faculty and very few real friendships. Suddenly this year things started to change, and though we still rarely go out socially, we are all friendly and actually seem to like each other. Perfect timing, right? Well, we thought it would be funny to have one last (and first, really) party for the graduating class. We'll really go out with a bang. And then we'll never see each other again.

We have some funding from the society to pay for food, which is good, and I think we're going to get a good old fashioned cake with a sappy cursive message written on it. What should the cake say? I'll think of some ideas now:

Good bye, good riddance!

Have fun at teacher's college!

Congrats grads 2005!

Yay! It's summer!

I'm not in a very creative or humourous mood at the moment, so it seems.

This weekend is Easter so I get Friday off. Yay! I don't celebrate Easter though, but I might eat some chocolate in the name of... Jesus. Or the bunny. Or whatever this holiday is about.

Forty minutes more of my office hours. This is rather hum drum.

3 Comments:

At March 23, 2005 9:25 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Hey Stranger! Yah, you're a mini-eggs fan. I myself am a solid milk chocolate bunny kind of girl, or a reese's peanut butter bunny of some kind. Or...

 
At March 24, 2005 1:30 p.m. , Blogger p.p. said...

Congrats on finishing the papers.

When I was in college, the history department was not close, but political science was. Pick of the draw, I suppose.

Easter is all about the chocolate.

 
At March 24, 2005 2:27 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Mmm... chocolate. I feel like eating one of those insanely sugarly cream eggs. Maybe I will, maybe I won't.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home