Tuesday, February 08, 2005

strike! strike!

We TA's have supported a strike mandate which means that by as early as February 28th I could be a picketer. I have always snubbed my nose at picketers.

Today my stats prof said that if there is indeed a strike he is inclined to move the class off campus so we can avoid crossing the picket line. There are only five students anyway, so logistically it wouldn't be so complicated. I asked where we would move it to and he said probably somebody's house. He lives an hour away and according to my calculations I am the closest person with the most appropriate space for such meetings.

It would be so weird to have my professor teaching in my living room. I spent the entire three hour class (we ended an hour early.. yes!) imagining various scenarios of class time at my place; offering up snacks at break time. My prof using my mint green seventies bathroom. Having to clean thoroughly each Monday afternoon. Allowing my classmates to check their email in my bedroom. Strange is what it would be. Very strange.

This week we talked about one and two way ANOVA's, and that's about as much as I can say about that since I had very little clue about what we were learning. I'm dead meat.

2 Comments:

At February 08, 2005 8:28 p.m. , Blogger larrykim said...

picketing is fun... i think i am getting dizzy... i spent all day surfing the blog world because i called in sick... if i wasn't sick before, i am for sure sick now.

you should have a class in your house, that would be... awesome.

 
At February 09, 2005 12:16 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks for the offers of stats help, folks. I could have sworn I learned ANOVA last year but this is hella different. It's fitting models by placing restrictions on their parameters and appropriately coding regressors. Anyway, I'll work it out.

Larry, I forget what your comment was and it's not showing it to me. I remember that you said to have class in my house. Yes, I think I will.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home