Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Such Great Heights


This is my grandparent's living room. Very little has changed since I can remember. My grandfather painted the pictures on the wall and sometimes switches them up, but they always look more or less the same. The plants never die. The almonds are always there. The rocking chair is never sat on. Maybe even that pile of newspapers is the same. The carpet used to be a bright blue, I'm pretty sure. My grandfather sits in a chair that we cannot see. On the right, next to the window. My grandmother sits on the left. There they have sat together in that house for almost fifty years. And before that for even more. Perhaps I should shut up about time being too slow.

2 Comments:

At February 08, 2005 8:05 a.m. , Blogger greyguitar said...

Well hello girl I didn't know until 20 minutes ago when I saw your comment on my blog. Are we separated twins that were born 2 years and 2 days apart? I'm sure of it. ha. Oh, and the trumpet, yeah, played that for 6 years. It was good to see another Ray LaMontagne fan.

 
At February 08, 2005 10:16 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Yes, good to see, good to see. Ever hear of Devendra Banhart? He's very good, and is sort of like LaMontagne. I recommend you check it out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home