Monday, February 07, 2005

More about Korea

I've been spending time reading other people's blogs who are in Korea (particularly Korea Life Blog) and so I feel as though I have a pretty good understanding of what I will encounter. Most bloggies make comments about how they are constantly the center of attention. People stop them in the street to call out hello and it's funny at first but eventually grows tiresome.

On the Footprints website they provide some information and I was reading about what to pack. They said that if you are a girl who weighs more than 120 pounds or are bigger than size 8 you will have a very difficult (if impossible) time finding any clothes. Well, as it happens I am six feet tall and can't remember the time when I weighed 120 pounds or was a size 8. The issue isn't that I will be unable to buy clothes, or at least pants and shoes, for one year. What may become an issue is that I'll be a giant! Yes, a giant! People in Canada are taken aback by my height. Imagine what it will be like in Korea.

Ah well. Maybe it'll be fun. Hopefully I don't make small children cry out in the street.

3 Comments:

At February 07, 2005 7:15 p.m. , Blogger larrykim said...

you are a giant! ha

it's going to be so funny, you are gonna so stick out like a sore thumb. at least people will have easy time finding you. maybe you will become famous...

don't worry, i will send you some clothes as i party with larry clothing lines get more main stream.

 
At February 07, 2005 7:20 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

So it's true! Oh no!!!

Yes, maybe I will be famous. I can join the freak show. Are there circuses in Korea?

 
At February 07, 2005 8:47 p.m. , Blogger larrykim said...

it should be fun. you can look down on everyone.

canadiens aren't any shorter than americans. are they? if they are, i am going up there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home