Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I like cheese

Yesterday I never changed out of my pajamas. No school on Mondays, what a shame. Today I have my usual Tuesday nine hours at school so I'm making up for yesterday's sloth-like behaviour.

So far I have five definites coming to my party, two maybe's from out of town friends, and two "we might stop by" responses. What's with that? Obviously I know what that means. You want an escape so you'll rsvp with a "we might stop by" to secure a get away. It's blasphemous! They could have at least told me that they had other plans so they would come for as long as possible or something. Something! Ah well, when they get here they'll never want to leave. It's understandable since they're friends in class but we have yet to make the transition to out of school. That's sometimes an awkward transition to make.

I don't know what kind of wine people will bring, but I have to decide on the cheese. I want cheese that you know of but are not quite sure what it tastes like. I'm not sure what kind. Rick suggested cream cheese. Are you nuts? I might as well serve Kraft slices while I'm at it. And maybe cheese strings! Maybe I'll get a cheesecake too. That would be acceptable and fit with the theme.

Off to school I go.

6 Comments:

At February 08, 2005 11:41 a.m. , Blogger larrykim said...

hey, i think i can make it to your wine and cheese party. don't forget to save me a seat.

 
At February 08, 2005 11:46 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

sweet

 
At February 09, 2005 1:32 a.m. , Blogger Blake said...

Get some brie cheese to go with that wine. Seriously...nothing is so good.

 
At February 09, 2005 10:58 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

brie it is! I'm thinking I'll buy about seven varieties. I'd like to get a havarti with some kind of flecks of something in it. I'll see what else they recommend. There's a beautiful farmer's market in downtown Hamilton, which is where I am.

 
At February 10, 2005 6:41 p.m. , Blogger Blake said...

All that I know about Hamilton is that the airport is terrible.

 
At February 11, 2005 1:08 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Can't say that I've used the airport. I'm surprised that the only thing you had to say about Hamilton wasn't that it's a filty Steel town full of smoke stacks and fire-topped factories. Because that's the lovely impression one gets when passing by on the QEW to Niagara.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home