Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I need a job!

In December I submitted an application to the federal government of Canada's general recruitment job search program thing in an attempt to get a job at Statistics Canada. They have this post-secondary recruitment program where they pay you well and teach you well and give you a career. That's what I need!

So I submitted my application and waited. Waited, waited, waited. The goverment requires waiting, so I'm told.

A few weeks ago my friend at my RA job tells me she's been shortlisted for the job. I have heard nothing. What??? It makes no sense. Why? I'll tell you why.

She is taking a year off between her undergraduate degree and her MA. She's a very strong student and research assistant. I, on the other hand, will have my MA and two PhD level stats courses behind me. Clearly I have lots of stats cred to make me an ideal candidate!

So it made no sense that I didn't get shortlisted too, and I felt disappointed and perlexed.

Luckily, I have a friend who works at said goverment organization. She's looking into it for me. Apparently they are just as perplexed as to why my application didn't get picked up by their computer program that detects appropriate candidates.

Keep your fingers crossed that connections will prevail for me.

If I did get this job I'd have to move to Ottawa. Hmmm.. Ottawa.

Last night I saw a rockin' concert by a band called Apples in Stereo. Check them out. They are hip and cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home