Monday, February 12, 2007

24

It's my birthday! Hey, it's also the one time ever that my age is double the date. February 12. Twenty four. You see? Amazing.

I had a birthday party on Saturday night - my friends came over for chips, pizza, and cake before we all headed out dancing. It was a great time. I love my friends. Even if they make me look 8 feet tall. I'm not!

Usually I'm not so big on receiving gifts. It's not that I don't like them, but more that I'm pretty particular about what I like and don't like and usually I don't like what others give me, so I have to pretend to be excited about a bottle of body wash. I know, I know, it's the thought that counts, but when there's clearly very little thought, I'd rather not be bothered.

So Romeo comes in with this big gift bag. How sweet. It turns out it's from everybody who came to my party from school (and some who couldn't make it.)
After the pizza and before the cake it was decided that I'd open the gift. There were three things inside. The first was a heavy thing that felt like computer paper. I opened it up to find two music books: one of guitar songs and one of the Little Shop of Horrors score. Nice! Who would have guessed they'd be so thoughtful and get me something I'd actually like? Not that they aren't thoughtful. It's tough to be thoughtful, that's all.

Next was a recorder. That's cute. I like the recorder.

The last part of the gift was the real kicker. Only a few days ago I'd told Romeo how I always wanted one and whenever I pass by a pawn shop I think about buying one but never do. When I opened up the package and found a clarinet I was overwhelmed.
So overwhelmed that I cried.
Not only because it's pretty sweet to get something you've always wanted, but because it is so incredible to have people organize together to do something really special for you. I feel really lucky to have all the friends that I do, and to have met such great new people this year.
And I love my new clarinet!

5 Comments:

At February 12, 2007 8:17 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

And aw, what a sweet birthday gift!

 
At February 13, 2007 1:01 a.m. , Blogger Tony Lawless said...

Among the people in your photographs, you are the best looking. Happy birthday!

 
At February 13, 2007 1:35 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like somebody had an awesome b-day! Love the new haircut btw. Andd yes, having good friends is pretty special. You're a lucky lady.

--Dan

 
At February 13, 2007 3:27 p.m. , Blogger greyguitar said...

happy birthday, fellow aquarian.

 
At February 13, 2007 11:16 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, my online friends! You guys are great!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home