Thursday, January 11, 2007

Outsider me

In every class there is usually at least one student from outside the department. Though generally friendly, we sociology students are obviously a close-knit group, not to mention the fact that outsiders are usually smarter, so said outsiders are often given nick-names and things. In other words, they stand out.

Today I'm traipsing over to OISE, the school of education, for a class on Education, Language, and Culture. I wonder what the other students will be like who are doing their Master's (and maybe PhD) in education. Older, ex-teachers? Young people? Men?? Unlikely. I'll get to be the outsider for a change. Maybe I'll get a nickname.

Getting sick of hearing about school?

I bought a subscription for theatre tickets today. And I've been doing poorly with my plan to reduce internet time.

1 Comments:

At January 13, 2007 9:00 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica:

I was searching for a friend's myspace and came across DDO Quebec Thornhill Ont in yours. I'm a former DDOer, HFS-Sunnydale-Riverdale then Tornhill. (Nice to meet you!)

Apparently we're not friends so I couldn't post on your "myspace" page this I'm posting here.

Have a swell weekend,

Regards,

Eric would rather not reveal my last name here- I'm on face book. This is all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home