Monday, December 11, 2006

Fan-stats-ic!

Lame title, I know. I never claimed to be cool.

Tomorrow is the big, bad statistics exam. Perhaps some of you recall when my heart and soul were eaten right out of me during the midterm. Luckily I feel surprisingly well-prepared for tomorrow. We'll see. I've also scheduled in a shopping spree for tomorrow afternoon so I'm feeling good.

As a necessary part of my studying I have fallen victim to the grips of yet another internet addiction. It's called Facebook, and for those out of the loop, it's basically an online network where people collect lists of friends from different areas in their lives and display these lists, photos, and other things about them so everyone can see how many people they've crossed paths with in one way or another since birth. Great. It's pretty ridiculous, I guess, but it's also incredibly fun to see who knows who still and what so-and-so looks like ten years later.

Add me! Add me!

Today I fulfilled my undergraduate goal - to dine at the faculty club. My advisor/professor/mentor/employer took all her RA's out for lunch. What a let down. The food was good, I'll admit, but the aged white population mixed with the heavy wood and awful wallpaper and minority staff made me want to hurl. The wine steward, Jim, was dashing. Monica gave all of us planners from Holt Renfrew with our initials monogrammed (?) on the cover. Holt Renfrew makes me want to hurl, but I do like my initials.

To top off this one fine day, I just went for my first real outdoor run since the one time in 7th grade when Alexis and I wanted to be hip and healthy so we ran halfway to Bishop's Cross before it started to rain and her mother came and picked us up. I ran East on Ulster to Markham, up to Harbord, across to Grace, South to College, and home. The Christmas lights on Grace look sparkly on wet pavement.

They are selling dreidel cookies at the Second Cup in the JCC and I heard a little boy tell his father that he liked his 'dustpan'. Ha.

3 Comments:

At December 11, 2006 8:54 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dreidel dreidel dreidel,
I made you out of clay
Dreidel dreidel dreidel
With dreidal we will play

Happy Hanukkah! Or Chanukkah--the Jackie Chan version of Hanukkah in which there's 8 days of Kung-Fu and spinning kicks to play with.

--Dan

 
At December 11, 2006 11:39 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck tomorrow!

You are a star anyways.....

 
At December 12, 2006 8:02 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And yeah, what Jordy said. I'm sure you'll do much better than you think you will. But if anxiety makes you study harder then it can't be all that bad i suppose.

--Dan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home