Monday, July 03, 2006

Hot Hong Kong

In the blink of an eye Korea has become a thing of the past and the material for many stories that nobody really wants to hear about.

I've been in hot and steamy Hong Kong since Saturday and it's really quite beautiful. The buildings and lights, the water and islands, and most of all the blue sky, have made a real impression on me. We've done a lot of the typical tourist things like walking around the streets, eating Chinese food, taking the Star Ferry to Hong Kong island and riding the tram to the Peak, checking out Stanley market and riding a small boat around the harbour at Aberdeen.

Today we took an hour long boat ride to Macau. Despite the rocky ride and seasick people surrouding us we made it in one piece and had a good day checking out some sights and adding another few stamps to our passports. Nice. That's my only goal in life.

By the way, I love Peking Duck, especially the sweet sauce that accompanies it.

Tomorrow we're taking off for Bangkok and hopefully the same cute steward is on board Thai airways. I can't wait to get back there to eat the food and see the loveliness. Apparently it's hotter than it is in Hong Kong so I don't know how I'll ever survive.

As for traveling with the parents, it's very nice to seem them (to see you, mom and dad). Sometimes it's a little bit awkward when D'Arcy and my budget and my mother and father's budget don't exactly mesh, but we're working it out well. I've got to savour this soft and beautiful bed while I can before I'm slumming it up in cheap hostels.

Time is a tickin'. Say hello!

3 Comments:

At July 03, 2006 11:33 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jess and D'Arcy,
Send me some HEEEEEEEEEEAT!
It´s my birthday tomorrow and I want toasty warm hands and toes and to take my coat off when I am outside!

Have a happy plane ride away from the Pacific-that-waves-at-B.C.

 
At July 04, 2006 8:45 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

You don't have enough heat in Seoul?!?! Trust me, you do! Happy happy birthday to you - hope it was one to remember!

 
At July 05, 2006 6:30 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's my sissy, who is in iceland. she does need your heat. she's got nothing but ice cubes in her glass...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home