Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The day

As I mentioned, my parents arrived in great spirits. In fact, I couldn't believe their energy considering the fact that I felt like dying when I arrived a year ago. Then again I hadn't been able to sleep the night before or on the plane ride so I was really hurting.


It's really funny to have my family here with me in my life in Korea. Then again, thanks to web cam and this blog and other things we have been able to keep in very good contact this year and it hardly feels like I've missed them.

While I was at work this morning they were real adventurers, walking all around Suji and checking things out, and exploring all of Lottemart. Good for them! Too bad my mother has a sore knee and it's already flaring up. I hope it doesn't get perpetually worse because there's not much else to do but walk. Oh me, oh my.

I took them to my mandu place this afternoon and they quite liked gogi (meat) mandu but thought kimchi mandu was too spicy. They also tried kim bap and thought it was good. Then we went to Gangnam and walked around and they were excited by the people and the goods for sale along the road. We sat at a coffee shop and talked then went for dinner which was all really nice.

It's good to see my parents and to see Seoul through their eyes. I kind of feel like a tourist again and I'm amazing at my killer Korean skills.

Tomorrow we're going to try to take a tourist bus though I don't know any information about that. I've got a gimpy mother on my hands.

That's all I've got.

6 Comments:

At June 27, 2006 2:21 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like great fun! I've been an avid reader of your blog and enjoy reading about your experiences. Say, do you happen to do things like pick up something in Korea and mail it back to someone in the States?

 
At June 27, 2006 6:21 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Hey Lucy, thanks for the comment. It all depends on what the something is! Let me know ASAP so I can see if I can pick it up before I head home.

 
At June 27, 2006 6:43 p.m. , Blogger Shells Bells said...

cute! glad you guys are having a good time :)

 
At June 28, 2006 8:40 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning Jess and we miss you Please ask Dad to send me arrival info so I can pick him up. Thanx Michael the chauffeur

 
At June 28, 2006 10:37 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your parents remind me of my parents visiting me. All parents seem to have this air of "Mom&Dad-ness"

 
At June 28, 2006 4:33 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michael, Chris will be emailing you to give you his exact arrival time. It is 6:25 a.m. our time and 5:25 p.m. your time and I am awake but Jess and Chris are still out cold. We are having a great time exploring Seoul and Suji and eating all kiinds of unkown things.
chris's arrival time is approximately 11:30 pm on July 3rd. Hope all is well there. Mar

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home