Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Starting to bid goodbye

I just ate salmon and stir-fried green pepper so delicious it brought a tear to my eye. It was the first fish I made in my apartment. If only I had put this year to better use.

I made this dinner after waking up from a three hour nap this afternoon. I'll never get to sleep now.

As my time in Korea comes to a close I am trying to capture the photographs of the people and places that meant something to me over the year. I'm shy to take people's pictures but I'm going to face that and take them anyway because I want to. Today I shot the post office ladies. They didn't seem to mind at all.

For the past year I have frequented this office probably the most regularly of all the places I frequent. These ladies are always here, working away, happy to help me out. They speak no English but have some scripts prepared for common questions they might need to ask. They are always happy and friendly and I appreciate them for that. Not to mention the fact that I associate them with keeping in touch with all my people at home. Thanks, post office ladies.

I have a list of other people to photograph so hopefully I can get to them all. They are: the toast lady, the mandu man, the DVD bang guy, the Galbi guy, the school cook, and the extra cute Paris Baguette boy. I've never really been a regular anywhere in Canada and I find it rather nice to be one here in Suji. So long, post office ladies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home