Thursday, June 15, 2006

Flights, flights, flights

Ahhh, so many flights to think about!!! I have never been in such regular contact with a travel agent in all my days. Luckily the one I'm using is a gem and has been responding to everything so quickly. If anyone needs a good agent in the Seoul area I recommend Hee-Sang Chung at Sunland Travel Korea (taezay@naver.com).

Today I received my ticket for the summertime traveling plans. A ticket with my name on it is flying from Seoul to Hong Kong to Bangkok. This still gives me a thrill.

I just got off the phone with an airasia representative, rescheduling D'Arcy and my one way ticket from Bangkok to Hanoi. We will be flying to Hanoi and making our way down the length of Vietnam, into Cambodia, and then back into Thailand. From there D'Arcy will head home and I will continue on, potentially (and hopefully!) meeting up with long lost Wendy. Hopefully I'll recognize her after all this time. ;)

I'm still in the process of working out my mother's flight from Korea to HK to Bangkok. She'll be coming along with us all the way to Hanoi so she'll have to book a return flight on her own for that. My dad (he's coming too, whoohee!) is only making it as far as Hong Kong so I've got that flight reserved now. Phewf.

And my director was just talking to us about booking the final flight home. This has been a year of flying. Let's see the list.

1. Toronto - Vancouver - South Korea. One Way. (July)
2. South Korea to Osaka, Japan. Return. (July)
3. Seoul to Jeju-do, South Korea. Return. (October)
4. South Korea - Hong Kong to Bangkok. Return. (December)
5. Bangkok - Phuket. Return. (December)
6. South Korea to Beijing China. Return. (January)
7. South Korea to Tokyo, Japan. Return. (May)
8. South Korea to Hong Kong, China. One Way. (Impending)
9. Hong Kong to Bangkok. Return. (Impending)
10. Bangkok to Hanoi. One Way. (Impending)
11. Bangkok to South Korea. (Impending)
12. South Korea to Canada. One Way. (Impending)

That is a total of 18 take offs and landings, about 60 hours in the air, about 20 bad meals, and around ten in-flight movies.

Oh, guess what day it is today? The 15th of June! Which means I can write about how excited I am to leave in fifteen days. Fifteen days! Unfortunately I have little to write because it doesn't seem real anymore. I'm on overload what with my parents visit, my upcoming travel plans, and all the other things going on these days - like Cajun Chicken Salad at TGI Friday's in twenty five minutes!

3 Comments:

At June 15, 2006 8:23 a.m. , Blogger RLB said...

You are becoming (if you weren't already!) an accomplished traveller! Good luck with your trip!

 
At June 15, 2006 9:18 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks a lot Rachel Lynn!

 
At June 16, 2006 5:57 a.m. , Blogger Shells Bells said...

I hope you have a super time with your family and enjoy your Asian adventures :) Good luck with everything!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home