Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Waiting and waiting

Is it not June 15th yet?

Yesterday I was number 327 and today I'm 325 on the waiting list to get a spot in the Graduate House. What are my odds, would you say? The list is 620 applicants long.

"What, you want to live in residence again, you crazy fool?!?!" Yes, yes I do. It's easy, well-located, pretty cheap with utilities included, and I don't need a 12 month lease when I only have an 8th month program. That's good isn't it? Plus there are concrete walls and who doesn't like a bit of concrete to spice up one's living quarters.

I had a bad day full of hate for my job and staring at the calendar, wishing for time to hustles its bustle.

Some good things to report: D'Arcy is leaving a bit earlier than me from our travels. She'll be heading home sometime during the first week of August where I'll be leaving a few weeks later. She's been wondering and thinking about how to get her two large suitcases home and in the end has decided that it makes the most sense to store them with a friend here in Korea and then pick them up between returning from Southeast Asia and heading home. That means she can easily take home my laptop and photo album (two things I don't feel comfortable sending by slow boat mail.) This settles my mind on that matter.

I will send everything home and travel right there without hanging around at all in Korea. My boss is currently waiting for prices to become available.

This weekend we're going to Geonju to see a park and some rock piles that are a "must see" in Korea.

On Monday I was frustrated at belly dancing and couldn't get a couple of steps down. Today they magically came to me and I was rockin' it. Our teacher says that foreigners learn faster than her Korean students. Why do you think that is?

C'est tout.

3 Comments:

At June 09, 2006 9:08 a.m. , Blogger RLB said...

I wish that was true in Shelly and I's dance class careers. We suck. There's 60 year old ladies rocking it so much harder than us!

 
At June 10, 2006 7:20 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Maybe it's because the Koreans my teacher is refering to are all under the age of 12!

You guys should give belly dancing a try. It's different and fun, and makes you feel sexy (if it doesn't make you feel like a fatso). It's about fifty fifty for me.

 
At July 21, 2006 4:42 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is it going on the graduate house wait list? I am around #100 now, and still waiting. I am thinking of giving up, but I don't know how many additional people they usually admit between now and september. Anyway, good luck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home