Monday, December 12, 2005

Backup

What I will do if I don't get into grad school; an imaginary list prepared while putting off applying to grad school.

- stay another year in Korea (what!?!?)

- Get SCUBA certified, then instructor certified, and teach Scuba diving in Thailand like my coworker did

- join an Everest expedition

- travel for as long as my korea money will take me... and then...

- apply to work at Statistics Canada and reapply to school another time

- sign up for interior decorator courses as per the psychic's prediction at Joanna's sweet sixteen

- pick avocados/dates/olives/oranges on an Israeli kibbutz and have a love affair with a 19 year old German chap

- work on a cruise ship singing Disney songs/selling alcohol/babysitting/lifeguarding

- start online dating as a serious full time career

- get a job in some city, any city, selling coffee/beer/books

- start my own dog walking business in the busy streets of Thornhill, only this time I'll be more aggressive than I was when I was ten and got not one single telephone call

What would you do? If you were me? If you were you?

5 Comments:

At December 12, 2005 11:41 a.m. , Blogger Mike said...

Stay in Korea another year and pursue scuba diving, and meet a German dude who wants to feed you olives.

 
At December 12, 2005 5:02 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your list made me laugh out loud!

I need to start one now...

 
At December 12, 2005 5:02 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

(it's heidi by the way)

 
At December 12, 2005 6:34 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

There aren't too many German dudes or olives around Korea, but I suspect it can be done!!!

Heidi, you should get yourself a name! :)

 
At December 13, 2005 5:59 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Nahh, I like school, and having a good job in a field I enjoy I suppose you can call a dream. I don't have a real real dream and that's the greatest problem of them all.

If I later have regrets they at least won't be things I wanted to do but didn't. Because there isn't anything in particular that I want to do. The greatest problem of them all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home