Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The package arrived!!!

I never forgave my parents for not sending me packages when I was at summer camp all those years. Everyone (yes, everyone) else got packages stuffed with candy, Archie comics, scratch and win lotto tickets, and gum except for me. Perhaps that longstanding grudge is paying off now, or my parents just rock.

Happy Chanukah to me!


Before you are the contents of my loot: socks, PC brand KD, Lipton Chicken Soup, two dreidels, one of which is hot pink, a calendar, three pairs of control top pantyhose, sweaters, a variety of candy, Aveda hair products that keep my curls (oh dear, what curls) looking good, my good friend Nyquil, more socks, and two pairs of Dish jeans, 36 inches long. Not pictured here is my winter jacket and a Chanukah Menorah including candles. I wonder if I should incorporate the holiday into the classroom... but, then again there are 100 Jews in a city of over ten million so I'm not sure if I'm prepared for that kind of education.

Thanks parents, you've really outdone yourselves this time! Too bad you couldn't get Kwinter in the box.

5 Comments:

At November 29, 2005 9:46 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess,

I get off work at around 6:20. So i could be at Ori any time after 7.

Looks like you got some good loot there. There's only a hundred jews here? Oi vei!

--Dan

 
At November 29, 2005 6:00 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just going to comment on the Jew statistic but someone beat me to it! Is that all?!
And I felt like I was a minority being Jewish in Richmond Hill!

I guess you have me beat!

P.S. My brother is looking to teach English somewhere in Asia next September so I sent him your blog. I hope that's okay!

-Heidi

 
At November 29, 2005 6:41 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Actually, the one hundred Jews are all American military, even. I don't know if there are any actual Korea Jews out there. Anyone? Anyone?

 
At November 29, 2005 10:28 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is close enough: http://www.pacificnews.org/jinn/stories/6.25/001221-jewish.html.

Control-top pantyhose, oy vey!

 
At November 30, 2005 9:20 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

The link didn't work...

And a lady can always use an extra boost.

You guys are Oy Veying like a bunch of bubbies. Hi Bubby!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home