Monday, November 28, 2005

Things to look forward to

Every week goes by a little faster because of something. So usually when Sunday rolls around someone asks the question: what have we got to look forward to this week? Sometimes it's a long weekend, sometimes a field trip or special event, a birthday or a weekend plan. Usually there's something.

This week there's really nothing that school has explicity provided but luckily I have a few of my own.

1. A package is due to arrive from my parents tomorrow; my second since arriving here. I gave them a list of things I wanted/dreamed of and promptly forgot what I put on it so I'm excited. I do remember requesting Lipton chicken soup packages and Nyquil. Alright!

2. The completion of my Magic Straight process. I'm quickly becoming a greaseball and I don't find the look particularly becoming. Can I hold out until Wednesday? I'm not so sure. I almost caved just now and washed my hair but D'Arcy knocked the sense in to me.

Is that it? I guess it is, besides seeing the shining faces of my little kids every single morning. Maybe I can look forward to some absences due to sickness.

Oh, I forgot.

3. Payday is on Wednesday! And with payday comes my monthly anniversary, and this time 'round it's five months. And with this money I will be making a trip to the travel agent to lay down 600,000 won or so for the flight to Bangkok. Four weeks 'till Thailand!

Mom and Dad, book a flight to visit! I'll buy you dinner...

4 Comments:

At November 28, 2005 2:37 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess, I finally saw your package today. We got it earlier, but Rick failed to show it to me! Thank you so much! We're going to get the print framed and put it up in the apartment. I've bought a box from Canada Post to send to you, but I have yet to fill it, so now is the time to put in any requests!

 
At November 28, 2005 11:53 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget about Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire which comes out on Thursday (or so my kids tell me). Be there or be square sister! I'll try and buy tix ahead of time if possible...or maybe you should try if you have better english speaking help around your work.

--Dan

 
At November 29, 2005 2:56 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Dan, I'm going to Ori anyway on Wednesday so I can pick them up. What time are you done work on Thursday?

Carina, I'm glad you got it. I was starting to wonder! Don't worry about sending a box!! If you really WANT to, I could always use a book or two. And sour candies I like. :)

 
At November 29, 2005 4:42 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Oh, and by books I mean cheap ones from second hand bookstores or the bottom of old bookshelves. Whatever I can read that's English and decent.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home