Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Come, let's walk with vigorous strides!


Today Molly cried all over my new tshirt. Any collector of hilarious shirts is bound to own this gem. And no, it was not part of the AE line two summers ago. I'm willing to bet on it.

What's a stuuing rooster?

Brian owns this already and Rick soon will (there goes the surprise, brother). When we three siblings reunite we can all wear 'em. How about it? I wonder, Brian, if you wear yours and if people comment on it. Well?


Life goes on as normal except now I can view my pictures on my computer with ease thanks to windows XP.

The non-vegetarians at work went out to our regular galbi place tonight. I ate heartily for six dollars.


The other day my mom asked me if I had become accustomed to flavours that I couldn't stand when I first got here. "I loved everything from the start!" I chirped. Then I went on about how I never eat the yellow radish that accompanies every meal, and I don't love kimchi despite eating it every daily for lunch. Oh, and anything with radish I don't actually love. And I usually avoid most of the side dishes. I guess I lied about liking everything. I like everything that really counts, anyway. I sure do love that corn and that red galbi sauce. What is that red sauce called? Once for all I promise to remember it.


Sitting on the grass in the sunshine yesterday, listening for the last time to my ipod's first generation of music through lousy Korean speakers and drinking wine with my friends after a hard day, I couldn't escape the apartment buildings. They haunt me in my dreams.

Speaking of dreams, I dreamt I popped into my house to say hello to my family last night. I was going to mail a package but since I had it in my hand anyway I figured I might as well just give it to them in person.

Tomorrow is an all-day field trip to Suwon for a pic-a-nic. I've been awaiting this day all week long. And this weekend my director is taking us on a weekend retreat to the mountains. Ooh la la.

5 Comments:

At October 13, 2005 2:20 a.m. , Blogger Kiran said...

gochujang gochujang gochujang gochujang gochujang gochujang
gochujang

 
At October 13, 2005 2:45 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Gochujang, got it. I think...

 
At October 15, 2005 11:21 p.m. , Blogger Sean said...

Sorry folks, but the sauce of which you speak is actually samjang -- a mixture of gochujang and Dwenjang (the fermented soy bean paste that they use in Dwenjang jjigae). Gochujang is the stuff that they put in your bebimpap (with additionals such as sesame oil).

 
At October 16, 2005 1:17 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Man! And I had really worked at remembering gochujang. Samjang samjang samjan. Hope you're positive!

 
At August 13, 2007 7:28 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey... I have a shirt the same as yours and was just wondering if you could tell me what it means? Thanks

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home