Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Good Luck Finding a Job!

The party was a huge success! And by huge I mean that people actually came, there was plenty of food for everyone, and things ran smoothly.

A total of 24 people showed up, all except one of which were females. Everyone wore a name tag with “Goodbye my name is…” printed on it, created by yours truly. Ellen made a huge and lovely cake that said “Good Luck Finding a Job” which everyone found humourous and sadly truthful.

The funniest part of all of it was that I didn’t really want to talk to any of them that much. I mean, it was nice to see everyone coming together for a goodbye party, but after saying hello and thanking them for coming I had very little interest in striking up conversation. What else is there to say besides, “what are your plans?” I was happy to be able to play hostess with Ellen and eat all of the leftover cake. Now I feel slightly ill, but at least it hasn’t put me right to sleep.

Here’s a list of where people are going next year, after having graduated with a degree in sociology. Maybe you’re more interested than I am…

Hobo-land
U of T grad school
South Korea (!)
No idea
We’ll see
Mohawk College – post grad
Hopefully Australia
Australia if I get in
Western Ed.
No clue!
Trent Ed.
Brock or York Ed.
Queen’s Ed.
Trent Ed.
McMaster grad school
Suicide
BC
Brock Ed.
Toronto
Guelph or U of T grad school
Traveling and Living
Buffalo Ed.
Costa Rica! And Toronto

Out of 23 people, at least 9 people are going to teacher’s college. That is 39%. That’s pretty huge, I’d say. But I think we’d all agree that my plans are the coolest.

Time to study Art History.

2 Comments:

At April 06, 2005 9:19 a.m. , Blogger Blake said...

They're at least as cool as mine!

So how do you feel about buying a motorbike in Shanghai and riding all the way to England?

 
At April 06, 2005 9:43 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Sure, sign me up. Make it two bikes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home