Thursday, March 31, 2005

Motown, baby!

Man, I'm leaving this city in two weeks just when I've been introduced to a great place to go.

Karaoke was memorable, as per usual. The Backstreet Bar and Grill is a dumpy place with permanent Christmas decorations and lots of strange Hamilton inhabitants. Most people who frequent the place are either missing teeth, wearing shirts with embroidered scenery, or are drunk and passed out on the bar at four o'clock in the afternoon. Some of them can sing. Not Tammy, though. She stunk. Especially in her Eminem duet with her pony-tailed boyfriend. It's an intimate atmosphere, and it's fun to be oogled at by balding, inebriated men. Okay, only when you're desperate...

A word to the wise: Don't sing Eleanor Rigby unless you have a low voice. Otherwise you sound like crap (not carp) and everyone will point and laugh. Another word to the wise: These Boots were Made for Walkin' is a sure-fire crowd pleaser. Final word to the wise: Three pitchers turns three friends into cackling fools who offer each other love advice and touch each other in compromising areas for kicks.

We then stumbled over to this bar called Absinthe which is famous for its Wednesday night Motown party. It was awesome! Everyone was dressed up in crazy outfits and were hitting the dance floor to all the old Motown classics. Did you know that Motown is not a style of music but the name of a recording studio. I learned that in pop music class. What a great class. Seriously though, that's when I can have fun at a club; when people are there to dance and have a great time regardless of whether they get laid that night. We were dancing to dance, not to sell.

It was good to hang out with Ken again and it turns out he'll be moving to Toronto so I guess this isn't good-bye (or I love you) after all.

1 Comments:

At August 20, 2013 1:18 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to this great man of spirit called Dr Samura which I don't know how to thank him for the good work he has Don for me and family which I want to share my testimony with to you all so I was married to Hassan Moel and my name is Julie deshields for six years now he left me with two kids with know reason which I don't know what to do.so one day i was in my friends place when I exposed my pain to her about my depression which I have be looking for who to help me out of it then my friend called me closer to her self telling me on how she got this great man of spirit who helped her found her way to get her husband back then I ask of his contact she quickly go and get her computer and gave me his Email ID and his number so,that is how I contacted him for a help. And now am
so happy with my family and with a happy home if you are in such pain kindly Via Email SAMURATELLERSPELL100@YAHOO.COM or call +2347030410643 have faith in him and he will help you
Julie Deshields.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home