Monday, March 28, 2005

What about your mind, does it shine?

I've spent all this time thinking and dreaming about graduating and leaving. Now, with a week and a half left of school and two more weeks of exams it has suddenly hit me. The people around me will no longer be. Those casual friendships that I take for granted will be gone, or they'll take real effort.

That's sad.

I just ate dinner with my first year boyfriend. I wonder if I'll ever see him again. My guess is probably, but you never know. And I'm not very good at being the one to make the effort, even though my intentions are real.

This weekend I ran into an old highschool friend at the video store. "Ms. Neuman!" I heard called from behind my back. I turned around and saw him, his hair longer, his glasses cooler, and his face the same. I had a strange crush on him back in highschool, but it was one that could never go anywhere. He was part of the 'gifted crowd'; a classical pianist proficient in French who was not held in such high regard by his non-gifted peers due to his dark scowl and somewhat arrogant demeanour. Maybe that's why I was drawn to him. Every day we passed in the music hall, passing by the big windows that I remember featured the words PROM painted in thick black letters for some longer-than-necessary period of time. I was heading to the math portables and he was probably coming from them. My heart would beat faster and I would touch his arm. Maybe he liked me too. We were friends. We watched some Disney movie on my couch and went out to a movie which his father drove us to. I hung out with the giftees and him. Then I probably was too cool for them and stopped hanging out.

He questioned my intentions to stay friends when I graduated and left school. I promised I would keep in touch. But I didn't.

At the video store this weekend my heart jumped when I turned around. After some brief catching up I said that we should get together. He rolled his eyes. I meant what I said, but you never know.

2 Comments:

At March 29, 2005 11:11 p.m. , Blogger larrykim said...

i hate saying goodbyes... thats why i usually tell them to go to hell and leave...

 
At March 30, 2005 10:21 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Works like a charm, does it?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home