Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I can hear the party

There's a party going on across the hall from where I sit, in celebration of Dr. Cuneo's lifetime achievement award. Grad students and profs are making noise and enjoying cake and other delicacies. I wrote a nomination letter for Dr. Cuneo, but alas, did not get invited to the party. I hope nobody walks by me. Someone just walked by me.

Some guy just came to pick up his paper and I internally cringed, knowing that he would be disappointed with his 66% grade. He questioned it and I told him to think about it, look over the comments, and prepare some well thought out reasons for why he deserves a better mark. I hope he doesn't bother to pursue it when he realizes that his paper was crap. Crap!

Tonight I'm going out for another 'goodbye friend' evening - to Backstreet Bar and Grill where many a fun time was spent singing karaoke and stumbling around drunk with good ol' Ken, my don or 'Community Advisor' from residence. And tomorrow is the interview for that TESL course.

3 Comments:

At March 31, 2005 12:58 a.m. , Blogger larrykim said...

sounds like fun. you know what i do now instead of saying good bye... i just tell people.. i love you. except for the incident in the prison, it has worked out well for me...

 
At March 31, 2005 8:16 a.m. , Blogger greyguitar said...

i read that post twice..and both times i read 'crap' as 'carp' and could not figure out the correlation with the fish. alas, i just woke up, so it's my fault.

anyways, serves him right for writing such carp. ha.

 
At March 31, 2005 2:41 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

I haven't tried the I love you tactic, but then again, I've never been in prison... I know, I don't make sense.

And it might as well be carp! One person (in another tutorial) wrote their entire paper on grizzly bears. Nothing to do with sociology. Just grizzly bears. ROAR. He failed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home