Friday, December 16, 2005

Going once, going twice...

This morning I woke up feeling like I'd been slammed in the head with a baseball bat. Or perhaps pummeled by the grill of a big rig. Like I tumbled town a rocky cliff, or was attacked by a pack of rabid dogs. Like...

Last night I went with the ladies to a bachelor auction. Throughout the day I developed a cold and I didn't really feel like going out. That early-cold-stage achy body was not feeling so hot, especially since my body was aching anyway from all the iron I've been pumping at the gym. ;) But when we got into Itaewon I guess I felt re-energized.

To make it snappy, I drank a hell of a lot and can't account for anything that happened after, say, 10 o'clock. The four of us paid 80,000 won for a table that came with a bottle of wine, hors d'oeuvres, and our own private waiter. His name was Chad. Chad is cute. I feel like I might have said embarassing things to Chad, but there's no way to know.


I've never shot tequila before, or Jaggermeister, but there's a first time for everything, and why not do it while drinking beer and red wine?

I think it was when the bachelor's started to come out that things got out of control. Cara was up on stage with a microphone and dancing it up with the muscley bachelors, Sara was straddeling some guy. I only know these things from the pictures. At one point the four of us were given shots of something straight from the bottle, on our knees in front of the crowd. I'm not sure why.

At some time D'Arcy and Cara left. I don't know why they left and I have yet to hear from either of them.

Oh, and Sara bought herself a bachelor for what I feel like was 200,000 won (about $200) but how can that be? Does she have that kind of dough? I guess I'll have to wait to find that out, because she and her bachelor started their date immediately. I took a taxi home and was happy to see that I could communicate where I live effectively in Korean, despite the lack of street names in Korea.

Which brings me to waking up feeling like I'd been slammed in the head with a baseball bat...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home