Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Burned by the hot hot sun

I am still in Mexico. The sun is hot, the ocean is calm, the pool is refreshing, the food is tasty and plentiful, and all is well. I got a job offer in Korea today at the school I mentioned the other day in Ulsan. Ahhh!! That freaks me out. I think as soon as I have a real job offer I might get freaked out. I will definitely get freaked out. I am already freaked out. Being out of Toronto makes me realize that I will be away from it again very soon. Yikes.

I emailed Ben back to see whether there will be a job for Darcy in August when she will be able to join me.

I am enjoying my time in Mexico. Today we are heading to the city to try to get a taste of real culture. I dont feel as though Im exploiting the locals at least since the resort is full of Mexicans as well as Canadians and Americans. That was definitely not the case in Cuba when I was there a couple of years ago.

The sun is so damn hot that I was unable to face it for two days after we spent the first day lounging around like idiots. i spent 12 American dollars on aloe. They can charge as much as they want for that green slop here. Speaking of exploitation!!

I think they lie about using alcohol in all of their alcoholic drinks. Is there some kind of substance that tastes like liquor but is alcohol free? We drink and drink but nothing happens.

No, I haven{t had a vacation fling. But weve met some nice friends to hang out with. And finally, I have taken about 150 pictures so far so be prepared!!!

2 Comments:

At May 31, 2005 9:50 a.m. , Blogger Blake said...

There should me enough jobs around here for Darcy. I wouldn't worry too much about being able to find work. In a way it might be good to work in a different school than your friend. Both living and working together might be stressful!

On the other hand, if you want her for a roommate, you'll pretty much have to work with her.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.........

 
At June 01, 2005 10:08 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

I don{t mind if we work at different schools and live seperately but we want to at least be close to each other.

Rick, want something from Mexico? I miss Kwinter too. Tell her that, will ya?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home