Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Thailand videos

They didn't let us bring cameras into the ping pong show but luckily I did manage to capture a few other memorable moments in Thailand.

First is a clip of riding in a Tuk Tuk. It was fun partly because you felt like you could fall out or crash at any moment. And the zipping sound of the engine helped add to the excitement.



Next we've got a very thrilling and informative clip of the Grand Palace, Bangkok and Thailand's pride and joy. It was much more beautiful than it looks, sadly.



This is Muay Thai boxing, a brutally violent form of the sport we know with kicking and flipping and things. I read somewhere that before more serious regulations were imposed on the sport, fighters used to dip their resin covered gloves in glass shards to add a little extra zip. I liked the crowd more than the fighting.



This cracked me up more than I can say. What a well coordinated elephant.



Watch out for the spray!



And then there was New Years Eve at Patong. I felt like I was walking through a minefield. I never want to go back there again.


How 'bout that.

To see all my videos, go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home