Saturday, June 04, 2005

Si ou no, yes or no?!?! Si!

I was going to write a long post all about my trip but I really don't feel like it. We had a very good time eating lots of food, swimming in the pool, and generally taking it easy.

The view from our back porch

I went with my friend Jordana who I've never travelled with before and everything went smoothly. We met two girls from Toronto who are pretty much our age and spent most of the trip with them which was great.

Me, Jordy, Karen, Ayelit

The resort itself, Royal Decameron, was quite large, beautifully maintained, and very comfortable, though I found the staff to be a bit less friendly than they were in Cuba. In fact, that's how I found the people (generally speaking). They weren't necessarily unfriendly, but they simply went about their jobs and were not too interested in saying hello or smiling all the time. I found it to be much like any American or Canadian resort would be if we had those kinds of things. Do we?

Speaking of generalizing people, the Western Canadians that populated the resort were crazy! That's all I can say.

The city of Puerto Vallarta was interesting and definitely had a Mexican feel but it was very Americanized. I don't know what I was expecting but I certainly wasn't disappointed.

On our way to Pipi's

We got really badly sunburned so we found some other fun things to do like painting pottery, which has made my life complete. :) Seriously, it was surprisingly relaxing and fun; a real trip highlight! And I feel so proud of my bowl. I love my bowl.

My bowl

We tried not to be overly sheltered by our all-inclusive resort so we visited a real grocery store (which was very similar to ours but with lower prices), we ate off the resort once, and we tried to chat with Mexicans about life in Mexico. Apparently Mexicans finish highschool at fourteen and can then decide whether or not to continue with education. That seems young to me. Javier, our bartender friend, started bartending at fourteen. Now he's twenty two.

Javier!

What else can I say? It was a fun trip that I'm glad I took before the last stretch of time before I leave for Korea. Here are a few more of my favourite pictures from Mexico.

The Pacific

Ahh.

A family by the water

Macro mode!

Couchi couchi

P5300184

Flags

Our rings!

Early morning at pool 5

So long, Mexico

Click on any photo to see it in a larger size, or to see the rest of the 220 that I took this week...

Oh, one more thing. I only had to charge my camera battery once this whole trip and I was constantly looking through the pictures. Yeah!! Sometimes the pictures turned out blurry though. Overall I'm impressed with my new toy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home