Sunday, April 10, 2005

Leaving my mark

Today was an ultimate day of procrastination. I have every question except one tough one done for my exam so I figured that doing anything else would result in a sudden moment of ‘eureka!’ that would send me in to statistics genius-hood. That didn’t happen.

But I did spend a good amount of time reading the blog of a father of two young daughters, one of which was born only two months ago. He is so involved in their lives. That impresses me to no end. Also, a twenty-something girl living and working in New York provided me with a few good hours of exam-procrastination. There are a lot out there. This one I have been reading for a little while, but spent time today looking through archives chronicling her dating escapades and move to NYC from Boston.

My itunes has been playing on random for seven hours in a row. It could go on for 3.6 days without repeating a song. I like how it tells you in days. It’s like when you’re a kid and you want to know how many days until you’re going to Disney Land and your parents tell you that you’re going in five sleeps. I used to ask my mother the time and she would say “it’s a quarter after”. A quarter after what?? How was I to know?

I also discovered a most delectable dessert that I have been missing out on for years; a tortilla filled with syrup. Mmm. It’s like the lazy-man’s french toast. It kind of reminds me of Zaidy’s matzah farfle. Regardless, it’s good. I bought tortillas last night during an 11 pm grocery run, forgetting to get anything good to put in them. Today for lunch (and dinner) I had leftover beef stirfry strips, leaf lettuce, cheddar cheese, and leftover Memories of Bangkok peanut sauce. That was a great creation. But now the strips are gone and I have been trying to think of tasty and delicious ways to fill the remaining seven tortillas. The syrup was good. I have an apple; maybe I’ll fry it up and put it AND syrup together. I’ve got a salmon fillet and some broccoli. I also have mayonnaise, salad dressing, pasta, and lots of oatmeal. I have cucumber, grapefruit, and cereal. Any suggestions? I kind of wish I had peanut butter and jelly to make a Mexican variation of the ol’ faithful, but I don’t. And I’m moving in less than a week! So there’s no reason to stock up now. Oh, I have freezer burned green giant peas too. And hot chocolate mix.

So today I also packed up a lot of things in my room to take home on a quick “make the move easier” run to Toronto that Rick and I are planning for Tuesday. I took all my posters off the wall and rolled them into their poster holder thing. And I violently tore my road maps of Louisville and Rochester, and a number of other random cities, off the wall. They have left blue marks of sticky tack ALL over the walls like nasty chicken pock scars. It’s bad! I hope the landlords don’t charge me for repairs or something. I also had hammered six wooden Ikea picture frames directly into the wall with thick nails, leaving six well-spaced holes. I filled them with the nails but they are very conspicuous. I’m a bad tenant. Ah well.

After all of this time I am still as unsure about how to approach this stats question as I was this morning. Maybe if I go eat a broccoli-oatmeal tortilla I’ll figure it out.

Update: Writing posts first in word has paid off! Damn Blogger!

4 Comments:

At April 11, 2005 4:07 a.m. , Blogger Blake said...

Fill the holes with toothpaste.

 
At April 11, 2005 11:49 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

I like the way you think! Except my toothpaste is coloured, I'm pretty sure.

 
At April 12, 2005 7:51 a.m. , Blogger Alan Brinker said...

isnt the ipod great with the days? Mine is up to about 12 days without repeating. The furthest I got was to about 250 of 3500 songs before accidentally resetting it. Maybe someday I will make it through and find out what all I have on that thing. Just have to find some time to procrastinate!

 
At April 12, 2005 2:15 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

That's a lot of days!!! I play mine on shuffle all the time but it certainly doesn't know how to really shuffle. When I select shuffle it means I should not be hearing more than one Simon and Garfinkle in one day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home