Monday, December 25, 2006

I'm here!

From Wednesday morning at 5:45am until Sunday evening at 6:00pm, I have undergone the longest period of no-internet access/internet usage in my internet-ed life. And I survived to tell the tale.

I don't even really feel like writing about things because I'm so not addicted or into the internet...

Today Jordana and I drove from San Francisco to LA along the windy, hilly cliff that overlooks the Pacific and is bordered by highway 1. What a way to get back in the driver's seat after over a year and a half of a driving hiatus. I love driving! I prefer mountain-lined straight freeway, though, in many ways, to curves and hills and near-deaths. That's a joke, we had no near deaths.

We did have a great time in San Fran, though. It's a rad city and we ticked all the touristy things off our list and then some. Even experienced their coldest day ever AND two (two!) earthquakes. Small ones, but earthquakes non-the-less. I was wondering why my bed rocked a little bit one afternoon. Yes, I even spent some time in bed in the afternoon. What a great holiday.

America has some great things. Particularly California. Like Tri-Tip! And Coldstone! And huge portions! And lines that are well thought-out. And The Cheesecake Factory! And I've gained ten pounds in four days, no question. My belly hurts. All the time.

Now that we're in LA I'm not sure what we're going to do. We're staying with my aunt who lives in Playa del Ray - near the LAX airport. Tonight we ate pizza and watched a movie about crossword puzzlers. It's called Word Play. It's good. I want to have a passion that I've been nursing since childhood, even if it makes me a geek who attends ridiculous weekend puzzler conferences. Reminds me of how I used to wish I had a twin sibling.

Well, bed is calling. I'll be home in time for New Years. Dinner party at my place, y'all. Merry Christmas to you.

4 Comments:

At December 25, 2006 1:23 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a great drive isn't it? Did you drive down the windiest street in the world in San Francisco? I was wondering why you haven't updated in so long.

Operation surprise the shit out oof the parents was a success. I damn near gave them a heart attack hehe.

My niece is so adorable! She can walk and talk a little bit now...it's amazing.

--Dan

 
At December 26, 2006 7:55 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, no photos posted of that amazing trip, yet?

 
At December 27, 2006 2:06 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi jessie,
i miss you. i'm glad you're having a great time and into crossword puzzles. i watched the movie "Babel". It's great. You must see it. There are many scenes of Tokyo that you would recognize from our days in the East. See you in the new year.
xoxo dw

 
At December 28, 2006 3:10 a.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

Hi DDubs. Miss you too. Speak to you soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home