Saturday, August 05, 2006

Heavenly Goodness

I have been to paradise and back...

Just joking, just joking. But I did do a full day Thai cooking course and man, am I ever a rocking cook.

On the menu today was:

Pad Thai
Spring Rolls
Coconut Soup with Prawns
Green Curry
Chicken with Cashew Nuts
Sticky Rice With Mango

I can now officially whip up any of these fine dishes to perfection, as long as I have all the quantities pre-measured and laid out for me. And I've discovered my inner love of cooking, as long as the mess is whisked away by some too young Thai worker who is probably getting paid in peanuts.

It was the greatest day of my life! And now I can't move or fit into any of my non elastic or fisherman pant-esque clothing.

We didn't get to Pai tonight and instead will be leaving first thing tomorrow.

4 Comments:

At August 05, 2006 9:18 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey just came across your blog. I'm going to Suji to teach english in Korea in a couple of days. Any tips or good places in Suji you would suggest??? thanks love some suggestions!! First time there..nervous haha! :P

 
At August 06, 2006 10:30 a.m. , Blogger Kiran said...

hey jess did you do the GAP cooking course?

you don't know how jealous i am that you're going to pai...
oh pai-radise...
utopai...

whatever...

 
At August 06, 2006 10:16 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

PC - you'll find all the good places in Suji when you're there. There's a good galbi place behind a back alley... and a good shabu shabu place on the third floor of the KFC building. All this is meaningless until you get there. Good luck! Hope you have a good school!

Kiran - I did the "I love Pad Thai" cooking course. I don't know if it's famous but it was really great. The staff were hilarious and friendly which made all the difference (we've been finding friendliness hit or miss in this here country). I'll blog about how Pai-radise is going shortly. Don't be jealous, your aparment looks incredible and paradisical.

 
At August 08, 2006 12:21 a.m. , Blogger Kiran said...

thanks for the compliment...

i remember taking a government run bus to pai, but let me tell you, it was hellish...so packed i had to stand the ENTIRE way...and we broke down halfway through the mountains in the dark...but getting out there while they figured out what was wrong was a highlight of the trip because the stars were incredible...oh yeah and someone's luggage fell off the roof so they had to stop...and the bus driver saw one baht on the road and stopped to pick it up...

but i guess they cancelled the service...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home