Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Since we last spoke

Corky ate her last ice cream cone and breathed her last breath.

Rick turned twenty four.

I learned Japanese.

I was bored to tears.

I sang with Ken.

I helped retiree Fran put on her watch at the bus stop. She told me she would pray for me.

As a fly on the wall, I observed an ESL class of mostly Russian women learning about family.

A word to the wise: Eye contact while singing is like kissing with your eyes open.

Must nap now. I’ll write more later.

2 Comments:

At April 28, 2005 11:15 a.m. , Blogger Kiran said...

i don't get that whole 'no eye contact when you're kissing' thing
of course, i abide by the rule just because you're supposed to, but doesn't it just give you the ability to pretend that you're kissing someone else...try it! it's fun...
but seriously, i think nothing could be sexier than making eye contact when kissing...you've gotta really like someone to be in that situaton...no faking it there!

 
At April 28, 2005 5:22 p.m. , Blogger Jessica said...

I think it's just really exposing. You're vulnerable in that kind of kiss because you're forced to face everything involved in it besides the physical feeling. I guess that's why I'm reminded of that feeling when I'm looking into the eyes of my friend Ken when we're both singing. That's suprem-o vulnerability and it's like I'm revealing something more than just the music.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home